Monday, October 22, 2007

Miles and Gender Roles

On our way to the doctor Friday, Miles kept talking about what "he" (the doctor) was going to do. I kept telling him that our doctor was a "she." He insisted, "No Mommy, the doctor is a boy. You'll see, Mommy. You'll see when we get there." (To his credit, he's only ever seen male doctors in the past, so the little stinker did know what he was talking about; he just wouldn't believe me when I told him we have a different doctor now.)

So we walk into the lobby, see the receptionist, and Miles immediately says "Oh. You were right, Mom," and starts playing with his cars. After another twenty minutes or so, the nurse took us back to take his temperature. Up until this point, nothing else had been said. But when she left, Miles turned to me and said, "See Mommy? I told you the doctor was a girl."

Brett says I've met my match. I wonder what he means by that???

0 comments: