Thursday, December 4, 2008

Thursday Feature: Dear Miles

I admit I've put this one off for awhile, but April Shrum really set me up with a loaded question: "Dear Miles, Where do babies come from?" (Thanks a lot, April!!) It went something like this:

"Babies come from heaven," Miles answered without even looking up.

"Oh," I said. "So how do we get them here?"

"Well, mommies and daddies drive to heaven to get them. Well, first the baby grows inside someone's belly, then you take pictures and it comes out. Then that one guy Jeff, he comes over to keep the house safe--"

I interrupted him, "You mean Pastor Jeff?" (I have no idea where that one came from...)

"Yeah,that guy."

"So are you pretty sure a baby grows inside someone's belly?"

"Yeah. Probably a girl grows inside your belly, but I'm not sure about a boy. I'll have to ask Dad. He's pretty smart. But I... I was born before him, so I'm smarter than him."

"Oh we'll definitely have to talk to him about that. So tell me one more time." I prodded him, "Do babies start out in heaven first or do they grow inside someone's belly first?"

He gave me a withering sigh. "It's both, Mom. Heaven is inside people's bellies."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Next time you have a kid...let me know and I will head over to "Protect the house" although if you could have Miles leave the animal with the poisonous stinkers that would be helpful.

BTW...Tell Miles that sometimes I feel like I'm in heaven when I am putting stuff in my belly. I guess Miles probably thinks I have a whole lot of heaven, Huh.

The Chapman Family said...

I know for a fact that Jeff has a whole lot of something in his belly, not sure it is Heaven though. But think of it this way Jeff...Miles thinks of you and feels safe and protected...that's nice.

I really think Dear Miles should be taken on the road. You guys could fund a whole lot of ministry just by having people pay to ask Miles a question LIVE. He will always deliver a laugh worth the price of admission.