Thursday, December 18, 2008

Thursday Feature: Dear Miles

I didn't have a question to ask Miles today, but fortunately he supplied one for me. He's got to be the only kid in the world who regards the story about Santa Claus with suspicion:

A few nights ago I was tucking him in and he looked troubled. "What's wrong?" I asked him.

"Mommy, why is Santa Claus so.... so sneaky?"

"What? Sneaky!? What do you mean?"

"Why does Santa not want you to tell me what my Christmas presents are? I just... you... like... you don't have to give them to me. Just tell me what they are."


I told him I can't tell him what his presents are, but I'll have to think about why Santa Claus is so sneaky. So what, dear reader, do you think my answer should be? I'll ask him again later tonight when I tuck him in and see if he's thought of a solution. I'll post his response in the "comments" section. (Facebook readers, you can see comments in the blog itself - www.milesandmacey.blogspot.com.)

4 comments:

Richard McElroy said...

"Miles, Santa Claus is so sneaky because he is an entirely fictitious creation made up by your parents. The real question you should be asking is 'Why are your parents so sneaky?" With love, Uncle Richard

Anonymous said...

The elves are busy getting the toys packed up til the very last minute. Santa isn't being sneaky,he is surprised to see what all the kids are getting. He loves surprises!
Uncle Richard is going to be surprised when he sees what Santa leaves in his stocking!

Richard McElroy said...

I hope it's a pony!

the dad said...

it is a pony Richard - Santa told me to tell you. I heard that you used to play with the "my little pony" toys as a youngster - it's okay, really, but it's just something that I heard about you. enjoy your pony. : ) Can't wait to see you at Christmas!