Friday, November 28, 2008

Because I said so......

I was driving with the kids this evening and the newness of Christmas lights still gets Miles gloriously excited. As we drove by a neighbors brightly lit nativity scene Miles yelled excitedly, "Dad look! It's God! He, he's right there in those peoples yard!" I said, being sure to emphasize that Jesus was there in the manger - and he is God, "yes, Miles, there is Jesus in the manger." This was a typical nativity scene with the Mary and Joseph and donkey and cow present. Miles was still so surprised as I responded he finished by saying "Holy Cow! They have God in their yard".

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am going to comment and I expect you to deliver both children to me!!!
I have laughed about this since I read it. I have a nativity scene in my living room and all I can think is "Holy cow I have God in my living room." That is priceless!!!!
What is even better - Miles recognizes who God is in all of the commercialization of Christmas.
Great story - great kids- great parents!