Thursday, October 30, 2008

Thursday Feature: Dear Miles

I wasn't sure what to expect when I started this (or if Miles would even be willing to go along with it) but he didn't disappoint. Here's his first question, and the conversation that ensued:

"Dear Miles,
Why are boogers sometimes wet,and other times they are dry?
Sincerly,
Mrs. Drippynose"

Miles giggled. "Her name is Mrs. Drippynose?"

I reminded him: "Yeah, so why is it that sometimes boogers are wet and sometimes they are dry?"

"Are you going to tell me?"

"No, you're supposed to answer it because she thinks you're so smart."

Long suffering sigh. "Because of the warm season."

I raised my eyebrow at him, surprised at his... well, normalcy. Then he held up his stuffed dog who, according to Miles (and I swear I'm not making this up), can knock out bad guys with his poisonous stinkers. He answered again in his dog's voice, "Boogers are wet when they taste like applesauce. When they're dry, they're bacon."

3 comments:

Heather said...

It troubles me that Miles...er, Miles' dog knows what boogers taste like. My nephew refers to boogers as "nose snacks." Yuck!

Just Jon said...

Hmmm, bacon.

Me said...

That's perfect!!!!
I love it!!!!