Monday, October 20, 2008

Miles Wants a Dead Grandma

I can only assume that one or two of the cool kids at day care have a dead grandma, because Miles has been a bit obsessed with the concept lately. He'll be playing happily, then suddenly adopt a sobering frown. "Mom," he'll say reverently. "You remember my grandma.... that DIED?"

"No, Miles. Your grandmas are still alive. They did not die."

"No! I mean my other grandma, the one who lives far, far, far away." Then, reverting to his hushed tone again: "She DIED."

"You mean my grandma, Grandy?"

"Yeah!"

"She's still alive, too."

"Noooooooo!"

2 comments:

Richard McElroy said...

Little Eric Cartman, always has to be the center of attention.

Just Jon said...

I wouldn't feel too comfortable with this "living" thing right now if I were any of Miles' grandmas. Sucks for them.