Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Too Smart For Me

Every parent, at one time or another, has cursed their child with, "I hope you have a kid just like you someday." I'm not actually certain whether my mother did this to me or not, but if so: Mom, please just go ahead and say, "Tara, I hope you win a $50 million lottery someday."

Miles likes to debate. He likes to point out incorrect reasoning when he sees it. His logic, for a three year old, is impeccable. He's never wrong.

A few days ago, I was starting up the car to back out of the driveway. Miles and Macey were already strapped into their car seats and ready to go. Miles, who has a bad habit of making requests just as we're getting ready to leave, demands, "Mommyyyyyyyyy, I want you to go get me some JOOOOOOOOOOOOOO-OOOOOCE!!!"

I mustered all my parental wisdom and replied calmly, "Miles, I will not get you juice because you were whining." He sighed in exasperation. "But Mommy, a minute ago I was not whining and you were not getting me juice then either!"

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Do I hear the next Tim Russert? Way to go Miles, keep Mommy on her toes!!!